Thursday, May 18, 2017

Pie Journaling

I see a lot of hashtag challenges floating around on instagram and I think they are all super dumb.

Ok, not really. I think anything that gives people the extra motivation they need to be creative is awesome, but I, personally, have never been a huge fan of oddly specific daily commitments. I already made a post babbling about doing things every day earlier this month, so I'll cut to the chase.

Things are dumb and hectic and stressful here in my little corner of the world, so I need something silly and something to look forward to doing daily. Some ding dang ME time. Which is why for the next 30 days I am committing to eating pie and journaling every day. I already journal every day, so really the commitment is to eating pie.

I'm inviting people to join me in this venture by using #30daysofpieandjournaling to tag your pies and pages on instagram (or wherever else you can tag shit, let's make this a thing!)

Literal pie is preferred, but any sort of self care works. A nice cup of coffee, sushi shaped into the form of a pie. Hell, go ahead and take your journal into a bubble bath (and bring your pie and coffee with).

I have a blueberry/raspberry pie to get through before I make another, but next on my pie list is either a shoo-fly pie or a meat and fenberry pie (or both at once). I also have intentions to make quiche, chocolate silk pie, perhaps a frittata or two, maybe even one of those hamburger tater-tot pies (if I can think of a non dairy substitute for cream of mushroom soup...). 

Anyway, this is my official announcement and fair warning that I'll be talking a lot about pie for the next month. It's really amazing we got this many blog posts in before something dumb like this happened...

2 comments:

  1. I just made a cherry pie in honor of Twin Peaks. It, thankfully, turned out ok and didn't require an exorcism like the brownies. I haven't really journaled in awhile. Maybe if I ate pie while doing it I would do it more often. I'm willing to try. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen Twin Peaks, and I have never had a cherry pie, so I am assuming I'm probably really missing out on both of these things. You could journal, watch your show and eat pie all at once. You can do anything, I believe in you.

      I realized yesterday when baking my pie that I don't bake enough pies. I was on the phone with my little cousin while making the crust and she was like "you just go in the kitchen and bake a pie whenever you feel like?" well, fuck yeah, little dude! I'm a grown-up! Pie or die!

      pie or die would fit perfectly across my knuckles. brb off to the tattoo parlor.

      Delete