Monday, April 23, 2018

the voice in your head doesn't have to breathe

so it can just keep screaming non-stop. Try it. The kid and I agree our internal voices sort of scream inwards when we breathe so it goes AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh with each exhale/inhale.

Anyway. Watercolor a day continues.

Monochrome, hand and prayer beads.

My usual supplies.

Quick and intuitive.

I spelled dandelions wrong, first time I tried to do the writing I called it a daffodil, so I just kinda gave up. The skin tone was actually helped by the fact I was using the last of my earl grey tea instead of water to mix/ rinse.

I spend a lot of time hanging out of my balconies right now while I wait for a call. Sometimes I paint or write. Sometimes I try to get the ferret to enjoy the great outdoors with me (he always goes flailing and chirping back into the house)

I also painted this little painting of a border collie in a shower cap. Just to get myself to do something besides wringing my hands together.

And that's my week-ish. That and poems and small batch chocolate chip cookies. 

4 comments:

  1. These are great Met. I need to take a cue from you and dial elements down to master them individually while working in my sketchbook. I tend to focus solely on the big picture. ~Using the left over tea. . great idea. ~That border collie face makes me smile. The shower cap is jumping off the page. You've got the skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Dialing back and focusing on one or two things at a time is such a great way to tackle new things- and also not worry about "messing up" something more involved. (:

      Delete
  2. I am absolutely IN LOVE with the doggie in the shower cap! I can't stop looking at it - it's whimsical and funny and mesmerizing all at the same time! (Lucy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He cracks me up. Baxter (the dog in question) is such an intense and mesmerizing dog in person too.

      Delete