Friday, June 16, 2017

Days late, Dollars short

I was thinking, briefly, of taking a blog hiatus for the summer, but two days past my first missed post and I realize I actually like the normalcy of posting weekly. 

I've been doing a lot of little creative projects these last two weeks, but not taking lots of pictures. Half because I forget, and half because they aren't that exciting to me. Doing them is fun, fulfilling, whatever, but they feel like nothing to write the internet about. This week, here are a few things that are exciting to me.

This snail decided to live on the sliding glass door.

For some reason we made a rainbow cake. By we I mean I made the cake while the kid took pictures for snapchat. It tasted like fruitloops and, if I had had the patience to actually let the crumb coat chill in the fridge for a bit, probably would have been beautiful. I would like some credit for the fact I do not actually own any cake tins, each layer was done in a pie dish.


I saw this lizard at the park. Actually I saw a big ol' snake and my people pointed out the lizard right by me. Mr. Me "humorously" pointed out that it was a good thing it wasn't a snake or it'd'a bit me.


I got a proper new sketchbook. Tried to start one that I had on hand and was not spiral bound but I hated it. I'm trying to do some quicker looser pages to catch memories instead of accuracy because life isn't very good at holding still.

We went to ikea and I got new paint towels. I think it has been a good two or three years since the last trip. I made it out without buying any stationery, stuffed animals or posters of pancakes.

At one am just as we were agreeing it was time for bed, a blob flopped into the kitchen doorway. Apparently we have a backyard full of the cutest little toads now and one snuck in.

Unfortunately not pictured, but a final one for the road.
We were sat on the sofa writing, I was struggling with dialogue and glanced wistfully up and out the window to consider it and what do I see but two bicyclists towing a statue of a rhinoceros on wheels with two more bicyclists following. CCR's "Lookin' out my backdoor" pretty immediately springs to mind right about now...

(and this is why paintings and mail catch-up did not quite seem so blogworthy this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment