Wednesday, March 8, 2017

feMail

I needed to get together some mail to send out today and did my usual scrolly scroll through instagram while musing about what the hell sort of amusing mail I could assemble. After about five or six posts with #internationalwomensday at the end, I was inspired to do some feMail. 

I'm happy I thought of the pun "feMail" but also pretty pissy I didn't think of that while actually assembling these envelopes. Whatever. 


I dug out my lady stamps I have carved for various projects in the past and made some faux postage featuring paintings of women I have done. Faux postage has been all the rage lately among the mail pals. My stamps are generally pretty minimal in the "stamp" department (i.e. I don't really do the cents and "blah blah blah post" writing on mine) because whenever I try to add extra stuff it looks goofy as heck. These are no exception, but I'm happy with them. I also decided to send out the random encouraging atc's I made out of the leftover chunk of masterboard from last week's project


A little stamping on the envelopes and bam! snazzy. I did not carve the blue mystery shape, but I am in love with it anyhow and thought it was a nice contrast to the stamps I did carve. 


I poked around in my stamp stash but didn't have any stamps with women on them. Apparently I am getting dangerously low on stamps, probably something to do with the 70 pieces of mail I sent out in February alone... The cars looked nice enough with the envelopes though. 

I like the idea of small batches of themed mail. It's less overwhelming to decorate a small batch of outgoing envelopes than it is to decorate them one by one (mostly in the cleaning all this shit up afterwards department). I'm actually a little bummed I didn't have more people to send to this time as I would have loved to completely fill the outgoing box with these dudes, but I always feel that way when I pull the naked lady bust stamp out. I can't get enough of her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment