Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Mini Mail

I'm in no real condition for proper blogging today, so here's a look back at a preblog project I really love (and hope to revisit soon).

For April Fool's day 2016, I sent out a batch of "shrunk" mail to a handful of my correspondents. I packed each teeny tiny envelope against a bit of cardboard from a previous stamp order, wrapped in a plastic bag with an "apology" from the USPS.



All the little letters I sent made it to their recipients without any issues. Half of them arrived (in perfect condition) in a USPS "body bag". Presumably some postman along the way had a good laugh before adding to the joke. 



Each envelope contained proper letter, ultra mini minizine, scaled down atc, and teeny tiny stickers. The envelopes had itty bitty stamps and postmarks. 

Ultra mini mini zine interior. 

I considered adding tiny shrunk fortune cookie fortunes, itty bitty squares of origami paper and a few other things, but decided to go with "less is more" since I don't generally include a lot of extras in my letters anyway. 

Still amused by the concept, I made my sister a mini care package.





I free handed the box out of card stock and surprisingly it went together ok. No mini care package is complete without mini goodies though.


I included a tiny letter, the smallest roll of washi tape, a tiny sheet of jamberry nail wraps, stickers, a small pink box of incense and a blank notebook I had lying around. If only I had included a tiny bag of tea it would have been perfect. 







1 comment:

  1. LOVE the tiny mail!! If I wasn't in hustle mode to get my shop back up and running I would host a tiny swap 🐒

    ReplyDelete