Saturday, February 11, 2017

Wisdom Pending

Before I had my wisdom teeth removed on Monday, a few people told me I should write down any good ideas I had during recovery. I, myself, had high hopes of creating some mind blowing art or brilliant piece of writing while I was out of it, because hope springs eternal and my many attempts at drunk art have taught me nothing. 

I colored a lot of postcards the first two days, and sent out a good dozen or more postcards and notes (god knows what I decided to write on them...) I also filled a tablet with notes, concerns, requests and small talk to my husband. I expressed some valid concerns about why I was still bleeding and if I would ever be able to eat donuts again. And I drew my favorite self portrait ever. 

"me, tomorrow"

It's probably not going to end up in a museum, but I can't stop laughing at my Seussian little face and the desperation with which "don't laugh. [it] hurts." is written. Somehow, I just can't be disappointed that this is the fruit of my painkillers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment